Sauna & Jacuzzi
The Recreation complex has two saunas at your disposal:
• A STEAM ROOM – also known as Roman baths – is a sauna which maintains approximately 100% humidity but lower temperatures of between 40 to 50oC. It is a great way of moisturizing your body and relaxation.
• A HOT ROOM – a modern sauna made of cedar wood and otherwise known as a Finnish sauna – where humidity is relatively low, between 5 and 10%, and where the temperature oscillates between 85 and 110oC.
What are the benefits of using a sauna?
• Boosting your immunity against all sorts of viral infections and colds
• Strengthening your body and mind
• Cleansing your body of accumulated toxins
• Improving your circulation
Do find at your disposal an ice machine (an innovation!). It is a special device resembling an ice cube maker which produces crushed ice. Rubbing-down with crushed ice after taking a sauna has many health as well as beauty benefits, such as:
• Reduction of muscle tension
• A palliative and anti-inflammatory effect
• Increased immunity
• A rise in hormones and an increased metabolic rate
• Reinforcement of blood vessels
• Oxidation of cells which leads to an increase in fat burning
• Rejuvenating effect of the cold on skin which becomes toned and more smooth
• A natural peeling effect with ice flakes reduces cellulite
• Rubbing hands and feet in particular stimulates blood flow
Frozen water is a source of everything that is good for us. Hence you are heartily invited to utlize these therapeutic properties of ice in our Centre.